1. Successful projects are important to Hewlett Packard because that allows them to grow and generate new products, services, and procedures. An increase in revenue means they get capital to work on new projects. Successful projects also increase the reputation of a company which will have a positive impact on their future and allow them to be leaders in the industry. If projects fail, HP risks falling behind against rivals, as well as financial losses.
2. The evaluation team should quantify project contributions rationally, meaning anything that could influence the current marketing performance of the company should be taken into consideration. If the business environment changes, the mission and goals of the company may need to change too, and the evaluation team should adapt to those changes as well. The financial selection is important because its what ensures projects generate adequate return on investment. They also make sure financial success is reflected in the portfolio of projects rather than in the financial contributions of individual projects, the emphasis is on supporting business goals rather than personal agendas.
3. The reason considerable attention is paid to the measures HP uses to evaluate its projects is to support the success of the business. When you prioritize projects efficiently you’re able to get more work done and develop an understanding of the company’s strategy, this results in continued success and aligns with business objectives.
4. The aggregate project plan illustrates the number of projects, their size, history, timing, and where they fall on the scales of innovation for processes and products visually, so its easy to understand. You’re able to compare the types of projects being conducted and different project portfolio proposals. The plan of record records the results of the selection process. You’re able to see the priority and headcount of each project, as well as “out-plan” projects.
5. Out-plan projects should only be reconsidered for inclusion when they have a positive effect on the marketing performance, they also have to fit the current business environment. They also may be placed in the pipeline during a review of the portfolio of projects.
6. I was impressed by how HP carefully selects and invests in projects, they reduced the number of projects authorized which allowed them to be more focused and effective. HP has a high level of project management maturity because of their disciplined project selection process.
7. Additional analysis of non-numeric projects is necessary in order to assess risks successfully. In order to adjust to the company’s needs and evaluate risks effectively, they have to involve qualitative methods of analysis. All of this helps maintain focus and initiate success for the business.
1. Left-handers die on average 3 years earlier than the right-hander.
2. It is estimated that 100 billion people died during the entire existence of people.
3. Every 40 seconds someone in the world commits suicide.
4. Coconuts kill more people in the world than sharks. About 150 people die each year from coconuts.
5. Every year, lightning kills 1,000 people.
6. The bad handwriting of a doctor kills more than 7,000 people per year.
7. The most common cause of death of people is a lack of oxygen.
8. The tradition of burial of the body of the deceased appeared more than 350,000 years ago. Neanderthals buried the dead as people.
9. About 21 people die every day in US due to lack of transplant organs.
10. About 12 people yearly are killed due to shark attack.
11. it takes about 15 years to decompose the dead human body.
12. 35 million of your cells die every minute.
13. After the death of a person, nails and hairs does not grow.
14. You have more chances of dying by slipping in the bathtub or hit by lightning than from terrorism.
15. scientists believe that a person who was buried alive will die 5.5 hours later.
16. Every 90 seconds one woman dies during pregnancy or child.
17. Every year 7 million people die due to air pollution.
18. 80 percent of people with the US die in the hospital.
19. the brain of a person after death continues to live for about 20 seconds.
20. many animals can pretend to be dead to be rescued from a predator.
21. During the railway construction in Egypt in the 19th century, construction companies discovered so many mummies that they used them as fuel.
22. in 1907 a doctor from Massachusetts conducted an experiment with weighing a man before and after death and reported that the body lost 21 grams after death.
23. within three days after death, the enzymes left in the body begin to decompose the body.
24. Every hour one person dies due to drivers who got into a drunk driving.
25. There is a syndrome called Cotard’s syndrome.
26. Every hour in India, one woman dies due to a dowry.
27. US President Abraham Lincoln, after his death, was reburied 17 times either because of the reconstruction of the tomb, or for safety reasons.
28. The crucifixion is still the official form of punishment in the Sudan.
29. Twenty thousand children die daily from hunger.
30. after death adults see themselves as children and children on the contrary as adults.
31. In Madagascar, people dig up the remains of their loved ones and dance with them in the street during a ritual ceremony called Famadihana.
32. Hanged men sometimes have a post-mortem erection.
33. Approximately 153,000 people will die on their birthdays.
34. The death rate from suicide in New York is much higher than the death rate at the hands of murderers.
35. Parsi, an ethno-confessional group of followers of Zoroastrianism of India, do not bury the dead bodies, but feed them to vultures.
36. There are 200 dead bodies on Mount Everest, which are now used as a guide on the way to summit.
37. Heart diseases is the leading cause of death worldwide.
38. About 25 million people died in Europe during Black Plague.
39. The most dangerous and destructive war in the history of mankind is the Second World War.
40. men on statistics die five times more often than women.
41. the Egyptians believed that the afterlife is almost identical to the real life.
42. Of all the animals, not counting man, only elephants have a kind of funeral ritual.
43. There are at least 200 euphemisms for the word “die.”
44. The human head lives for another 15-20 seconds after separating from body.
45. Since the completion of the construction in 1937, more than 600 people committed suicide by jumping off the Golden Gate Bridge in San Francisco.
46. The deadliest sports are football and basketball.
47. 80 percent of Soviet men born in 1923 died in the Second World War.
48. When a person dies, the sense of hearing is the last to be lost.
49. Jellyfish Turritopsis Dohrnii are officially the only immortal creatures on planet Earth.
50. In medieval Japan, it was believed that there was one hair somewhere on the tail of a cat that could restore the life of a dying person. For this reason, cats were brought into the room of a dying person and placed next to his or her bed.